Saturday, February 7, 2009

2/6 Day/swingtrades

BAC - This one has made an impressive move off the lows from Thursday. My entry was late as BAC broke out of its morning narrow range. The key to this setup is the position size. If my entry was in the $5.70 area, I could have position-sized for $0.20 risk. Instead, I ended up position sizing for $0.45 risk which was still decent but not great. With the Dow up over 200, I got a little greedy in the afternoon and instead of selling at $6.40, I ended up unloading half @ 6.20. I'm still carrying half the position.


POT - I picked up some shares for a daytrade as POT broke out of the declining channel. I set a $0.50 trailing stop that triggered awhile later @ 91.75.



SWINGS

POT - I'm glad to see the strongest daily chart I put up on Thursday was the strongest mover of my holdings. I used the opening strength to unload half my position. Later in the day, POT stalled at that $92 level so I closed out the Feb 90 Calls. I picked up about $3.50 on the Feb 90 Calls and $2.50 on the Feb 95 Calls. I'm still hold half of the Feb 95 Calls from Thursday.



OIH - This held up pretty well and started rallying midway through the trading day...still holding.

USO - This was definitely the laggard for the 1st half of Friday. Then, there was that sudden spike above $29 before settling back at $28+. I'm still holding.

UYG - Feb 3 Calls are looking good. Volume/open interest picked up on Friday so the premium has edged up a little.

2 comments:

steveplace said...

USO spike was due to contract rollover voodoo.

You need to get on stocktwits and shout out your trades.

OE Trader said...

Hey Steveplace, I'm hoping for some more voodoo then! Stocktwits sounds cool but I barely have time to stop in on a couple chatboards throughout the day. Stocktwits would be added stress. :)