Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5/12 Day/swingtrades - CME, ICE, RIMM, POT

Looks like "sell the news" kicked in the past couple days. Today's weakness brought many overbought stocks back to the moving averages. This was needed if you're leaning long and also a very good low-risk entry if you missed the moves the past couple weeks. CME/ICE finally paid out today. I traded those as well as RIMM and POT:

POT - I missed the thrust off $97 so waited for a pullback. I picked up May 100 Calls around $100.


RIMM - I noticed a potential double-bottome around $69. I picked up some May 70 Calls and sold 1/2 for $1 profit around $72. I'm swinging the rest into tomorrow.


ICE - I picked up May 85 and 95 Calls after ICE formed a potential double bottom and bounced off the 10-SMA on the daily. I netted about $3.25 on the May 85 Calls and $2 on the May 95 Calls. At the close, I rolled some profits into May 100 Calls. These only cost $1.10 so if ICE can retest the $104 level, those should pay out nicely.




CME - I picked up the May 250 Calls as CME bounced off the moving averages. This one moved quickly so I closed out at $258, netting $6 on the calls.


No comments: