Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Site: www.OptionsVista.com

I'll be contributing occasional articles over at this new site...most likely during options expiration week. All the writers are very knowledgeable about options and the trading strategies are very diverse. Check it out when you get a chance: www.OptionsVista.com

OptionSpot - I trade part-time, while striving to develop and refine two different trading styles. The first is discretionary trading based primarily on price patterns. The second method is trading mechanical systems, designed to provide a significant statistical edge in the market. These systems are EOD with a time frame of a few days to several weeks. They are currently and primarily mean reverting strategies and pair/ratio strategies. Price and volatility determine when I use options vs the underlying. My preferred option strategies are selling spreads and buying Deep ITM.

SnapTrader - I am a retail trader trading primarily options. I've been at it for about 10 years, although I've only been very consistent for about the past three years. My option trades tend to be spreads, but aside from that they come in many shapes and sizes.

OETrader - I am a part-time trader focused mainly on momentum stocks. I use deep-in-the-money options to trade high-priced, high-flying stocks. As options expiration nears each month, I transition to at-the-money or out-of-the-money options to maximize the risk/reward of my trade set-ups.

MilkTrader - My full-time job is an airline pilot. As a trader, I've been actively trading option spreads for about 3 years. My trading style is divided into two categories: discretionary and systems. Discretionary trades are done with options where I will express an opinion of market direction or non-direction, and construct an option spread that profits if I'm right, or maybe even I'm slightly wrong. System trades are based on backtesting strategies with specific entries, exits, stop losses, etc. I'm currently doing research on the expectancy of every-month Iron Condors, Trend Breakout systems and non-reversion pairs strategies.

1option - I am a young retail trader with aspirations to manage lots of $$ one day. I am working on a Masters Degree with a focus on Finance. I trade options part-time for income and continue to work on improving my technical skills. My trades of choice include spreads, butterflies, and condors, among others. I prefer to trade indexes and ETFs over indvidual securities.

Landlord - Retired CPA turned Real Estate Investor. Now spending my time trying to make money and work less. My goal is to obtain multiple streams of income. Covered Calls (renting stocks to others) is one of those streams.

1 comment:

Market Monk said...

OE, congrats on joining the OV team. That site looks great. I look forward to reading all of the posts over there.

Monk