Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2/4 Daytrades

FAZ - I picked up shares as FAZ broke above the moving averages which also coincided with the Dow going negative. Stop was placed at 48.80. I took partial profits near the top of the first spike which coincided with a fib retracement. I closed out the position later on as the RSI showed overbought conditions. I should have used the MAs to trail my stop, which would have kept me in the trade for that explosive move to $54+, but the conditions were a bit too choppy today.


GS - As the market averages continued to weaken, I picked up some GS Feb 110 Puts as it broke below of the narrow range/support area around 88.00. I took partial profits @ 86.11 as the RSI indicated oversold conditions. I was later stopped out of the remaining position as GS rebounded late in the day.



2 comments:

BUY ON THE DIP said...

nice post.

FAZ 55.

GS FEB 80 puts.

go team!

OE Trader said...

Swinging the downside makes more sense in this tape. Politicians are dragging their feet with the stimulus proposal. Good luck!