Wednesday, May 13, 2009

5/13 Day/swingtrades

I was surprised the dip buyers didn't step in to support the close. Could we finally be headed down? A lot of moving averages didn't hold up so be careful if you're long. I'm going back to SKF, FAZ or SRS if the weakness continues.

POT - POT made a nice, sharp move at the open. With the market headed south, I didn't want to be greedy so closed out the position @ $104. I picked up about $2.30 on the calls.


ICE - This continued to pay out today. Despite the market weakness, CME continued its ascent so I figured it was just a matter of time before ICE turned up. I re-entered some more May 95 Calls @ 95.00. Fortunately, ICE took off over the next 10 minutes. With such a sharp spike, I had to take profits. I sold into the strength, closing out all the May 95 Calls and some May 100 Calls. I netted $4 on the remaining May 95 Calls from yesterday, $3.50 on the ones I picked up today and $2 on the May 100's. The May 100 Calls were actually trading @ $0.75 with ICE @ 95.00. Those ran up to $3.70...great return with minimal risk if anyone traded those.



No comments: