Thursday, May 14, 2009

5/14 Day/swingtrades

I had a few things to take care of today so only put on some trades in the morning. I actually think today's action bodes well for expiration day. There was a strong push in the morning but most stocks just drifted sideways into the afternoon. Hopefully, we'll get some big moves either way tomorrow. I've got my eyes on the ferts (IPI, POT, MOS), exchanges (CME, ICE...maybe some air will come out of these) and the other usual suspects (GS, AAPL, RIMM, GOOG, WYNN).

ICE - I finally closed out my remaining position as ICE broke through yesterday's high and then retraced back to the moving averages. I only had the May 100's which I sold around $101.50 for $2.60 profit.

GS - This rebounded well after yesterday's weakness. I wanted to enter @ $130 but decided to wait until it cleared the morning spike to $131. I went with the May 130 Calls and sold a bit later as the momentum died down.




No comments: