Monday, July 21, 2008

7/21 Swing-Trades SQM, CLR




After missing the run-up in MOS this AM, I entered SQM at $42.30 with a stop at $41.90. I bought the stock in the AM due to the wide bid/ask spread, but later added Aug Calls as it crossed 43.00. As you'll see in the chart, I like using the 30-min chart to identify trend reversals. The stock is trading back above the moving averages with RSI, MACD and OBV increasing. It also traded in a narrow range allowing for a low-risk entry.






Using the 30-min chart again, I entered CLR at $69.30 with a stop at $67.90 as oil showed strength in the AM. This is going to be a short trade as the daily chart still shows weakness. I actually bought the stock instead of the options because the Aug 50 Calls were carrying a $1+ premium with $0.50 spread between bid/ask. I was able to buy relatively close to support at $68.00.

No comments: