Wednesday, July 30, 2008

7/30 Daytrades - CRK, CLF

After seeing oil trade up following the EIA report, I switched over to my energy/commodity watchlist. Most of the stocks moved quickly but I found a couple daytrade candidates late in the day:

CRK
Bought @ 64.30, shares
Stop @ 63.50
Sold @ 65.35
Profit - $1.05





CLF - this is probaby a take-home candidate but I traded the shares and didn't want the overnight exposure. BTW, here's a good example of the importance of position-sizing. The narrow trading range prior to the break-out dramatically reduces your risk. With everything rallying today, it was a perfect opportunity to at least double your normal position-size. Did I?! Of course not...I f'n ran out of margineable capital...the downside of options...:)

Bought @ 110.30, shares
Stop @ 109.50
Sold @ 115.00
Profit - $4.70

No comments: