Tuesday, July 29, 2008

7/29 Swingtrades - BG, SKF, SHLD, LEH, NIHD, WB, WM, BIDU, PTR

First off, kudos to http://www.thehawaiitrader.com/. He was the lone bull as I scanned my way through the blogs last night. Despite being in daytrading mode, I decided to hold all my purchases today as the market recovered from yesterday's bashing. I established a lot of positions and hope the trend last more than a day:



BG - I sold in the AM as the opening range could not hold. After the recent earnings, the fertilizers probably need to shake out some weak hands before trending. I'm not going to fight the tape and am willing to wait for a better showing.

Re-entered @ 99.17, Aug 95 Calls
Stop @ 98.50
Sold @ 98.50
Loss - $0.70 on calls



SKF - ONH
Bought @ 143.00, Aug 160 Calls,
Stop @ 140.00, moved to 143.00 as morning gap closed
Sold @ 143.00
Loss - $0.80 on calls



SHLD - I re-entered as the stock rebounded off yesterday's close near the daily 15-sma. With 60% short interest, the squeeze is going to come sooner or later.
Bought @ 78.14, Aug 70 & 80 Calls
Stop @ 76.90



LEH - It looked like LEH found support at $15 using the 30-min chart. I haven't had much luck with LEH but the low-risk set-up was too tempting.

Bought @ 15.63, Aug 10 Calls
Pyramid @ 16.58, Aug 10 Calls
Stop @ 15.40



NIHD - This is a pullback set-up following decent earnings. I used the 30-min chart to establish the trend reversal. I also liked that it bounced off previous resistance, now support at 52.00. My entry wasn't great so I started with half my normal position-size

Bought @ 53.52, Aug 45 Call
Stop @ 52.40


WB - Similar to LEH, this was a low-risk entry using the 30-min chart. In hindsight, BAC would have been better as it rebounded over 10%.

Bought @ 14.78, Aug 15 Calls
Stop @ 13.90

WM - I'm still holding the Aug 8 Calls from a couple weeks ago but haven't tracked them here since they're pretty much worthless at this point. However, WM rebounded with the banks and showed a lot of support at $3.80.

Bought @ 4.17, Aug 4 Calls (I went with a large position as the stop is tight. Forget the negative rumors lately. I wish someone would start a positive one on a buyout above $10!!! That would be sweet for these calls.)
Stop @ 3.80


BIDU - Post-earnings set-up. One set-up I like to trade is buying into stocks that trade above the high range established the day earnings were released. For BIDU, this was about $340. I wasn't paying attention when BIDU crossed 340 today so went with a half-position at $344.

Bought @ 344.00, Aug 290 Calls
Stop @ 339.00



PTR - Per my post on 7/23, Chinese stocks have begun perking up. I bought PTR as it traded back down to the 15-SMA. This one tends to gap up and down at the open so I went with OTM calls to help dampen the noise. Hopefully the trend is up from here.

Bought @ 132.26, Aug 135 Calls
Stop @ 130.00

No comments: