Friday, October 24, 2008

10/21 - 10/23 Day/swingtrades

I haven't traded much at all this week except for those energy swings on Monday and AAPL yesterday morning. Looking at those intraday charts the past couple days, I should have just called in sick for the week!

AAPL - I had time for one trade before heading out of the hotel yesterday morning. AAPL had a lot of selling pressure going into earnings on Tuesday. I just knew the afterhours gap could not hold in the AM as there would be too much profit-taking. Using the 1-min chart, I waited for AAPL to consolidate and cross below the moving averages. I shorted the stock for $2.80 profit.


OIH - After closing at the highs on Monday, the entire sector gapped lower on Tuesday AM. I sold @ 100.00 for $3.00 profit on the calls as OIH retraced most of the gap in the AM. There was another run-up late in the day but I was not around to get sucked in before the sell-off.



NOV - I should have taken profits on the run-up above $31 but eventually got stopped out for $0.30 loss on the sell-off.
BUCY - still holding the Nov 30 Calls.

2 comments:

Gio said...

Hey OE... have you seen BlueDog? his blog is missin.

OE Trader said...

Hey Gio,

BD shut down his site a few weeks ago. He said he would still visit other blogs but needed to focus on his other job. He only left his explanation post up for a couple days before shutting down the blog.