Tuesday, November 25, 2008

11/25 Day/Swingtrades

That was a very choppy session. However, it was not surprising given the run-up the past few days. As I mentioned yesterday, I was looking to exit positions on any opening strength and the 1st hour played out perfectly. After that, I couldn't find many decent set-ups throughout the day.

UYG - I closed out the position once the early morning strength began to fade. It is still trading above the 5, 15 and 30-min moving averages so I'll keep it on the radar in case we continue to rally.


RIMM - The chart is an intraday close-up with 5-min bars. RIMM was weak from the open but found some solid support as it based around 40.50-41.00. I took a low-risk entry at 41.11 once it traded back above the moving averages and sold at 41.60 late in the day...pocket change.


CME - I didn't like the way the market was holding the gap open so I closed out yesterday's CME position when it couldn't break through $212+ on the second try. $22.00 profit.


FNM - I also picked up some FNM. The daily shows a potential double-bottom.


No comments: