Wednesday, November 26, 2008

11/26 Day/swingtrades

Another nice day for the bulls. Despite the low volume and volatility, I tend to like these days. If you're on the right side of the trade, you can catch some pretty decent moves. The key is not to make any predictions and just go with the trend. Otherwise, the whipsaw action can be frustrating. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

C - After the pounding the past couple weeks, C showed some decent strength during the early morning weakness. I picked up shares around 6.80 and rolled the position to Dec 7.50 calls when it reached 7.20.



POT - I got a late start on POT but picked up some shares as energy/basic materials started showing strength. I closed the position as it formed a potential double-top on the 5-min chart.



RIMM - After yesterday's weakness, RIMM showed some strength this morning. I wish I had held yesterday's position but didn't want to sit on the sidelines and reminisce. I opened up a position as it broke the 42.50 area and sold half after some decent gains and closed the position as the markets started to fade around 10AM. Luckily, this turned out to be the top of the day.





FNM - this got a nice little boost in the AM. I bought yesterday @ $0.50 and pyramid more shares @ $0.70.