Monday, November 3, 2008

11/3 Day/swingtrade

It looks to be choppy until the election is over. I don't see how the financials will rally with GS acting so weak. As for oil/energy, the Baltic Dry Index is below 1000. The fundamentals just don't look good. I'm not complaining, though. The rest of the world has been milking us with those high oil prices this past year. It's nice to get some relief at the pumps.

LVS - I used the gap open to unload the Nov 12.5 Calls from last week. There was still about $1.50 time premium on the calls so I figured I'd wait for a pullback and pick up the shares to get the 1:1 movement. I sold around 16.00 and netted $3.50 on the calls.




LDK - I picked up some Nov 15 Calls late in the day as volume and price picked up. Solar was strong today and overall, the sector has been beaten up so maybe we LDK can put in a couple more decent days.

No comments: