Monday, December 8, 2008

12/8 Day/Swingtrades

In contrast to Friday, I didn't feel like chasing stocks after the opening gap. I went searching for low-risk stocks setting up a base. I picked up some BIDU mid-morning and got stopped out awhile later for $1 loss.

C - this set up a nice narrow range as the market consolidated the opening gap. I liken this to doubling down on blackjack. The narrow range allows me to increase the position size while maintaining the same risk. I sold half as the market began to stall out and carried the other half overnight.



PCX - Coal stocks performed very well today so I picked up some Dec 7.5 Calls as it appears PCX may be coming off a double-bottom.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo-

still would keep an eye on those coal stocks.. ANR ACI JRCC, also BUCY...

Thought todays (12/9) action has put a wrinkle in many setups, we need this pullback to test recent moves IMO.. daily charts of strong stocks are a bit over bought still.

You should talk with Billy Mays and consider a consolidated effort for one blog if you guys can deal with sharing :)

Might become a strong force :D

later!

-sloth

OE Trader said...

S, thanks for stopping by! I like those coal stocks. Still have my PCX, but should have sold above 9 today.

It would be tough consolidating blogs. I use mine for record-keeping and as a one-stop-shop for all my blog links.

Good trading!