Thursday, August 14, 2008

8/14 Day/Swingtrades

Other than DRYS, I went 0-3 on the daytrades and mismanaged my overnight holds. With X and OIH gapping lower at the open, I should have been looking for exit opportunities when the stocks closed the gap instead of leaving the loose stops in place. As for the daytrades, in retrospect, there was no significant volume to support the moves.

LDK - I bought on the initial spike above 40.30 but I tried doubling the position-size with a tighter stop and it didn't last very long.
Bought @ 40.35, Aug 35 Calls
Sold @ 39.95
Loss - $0.40 on Calls

CALM - this one is just too hard to trade unless you catch the intraday bottom and use stops based on the daily charts.
Bought @ 44.50, Aug 35 Calls
Sold @ 44.10
Loss - $0.50 on Calls

GOOG - This has been holding up pretty well. I thought it would catch a bid with the market up so much during the day.
Bought @ 506.10, Aug 490 Calls
Sold @ 505.10
Loss - $0.90 on Calls

Swings:

X - I got stopped out of my remaining position after X closed the opening gap.
Re-entered @ 135.50, Aug 130 Calls
Sold @ 136.00
Profit - $0.00

OIH - This one also fell after closing the opening gap.
Bought @ 183.14, Aug 185 Call
Sold @ 184.00
Profit - $0.20 on remaining calls

GG
Pyramid @ 32.51
Sold @ 32.40
Loss - $0.25 on calls

DRYS - I picked up some Aug 75 Calls yesterday and pyramid Aug 70 Calls on the opening strength
Bought @ 74.00 - Aug 75 Calls, @ 76.59
Sold @ 79.00
Profit - $2.30 - Aug 70 Calls, $2.50 - Aug 75 Calls

SOL - I started a position as the daily chart looks like it may begin to trend upward ahead of earnings.
Bought @ 17.06 - Sep 10 Calls

5 comments:

Darwin said...

OE, still hanging in with my Aug calls on CALM...little more volume coming in-not enough..fingers crossed. Scaling back into some Sep Gold calls...ABX & GG, back down to their Monday lows.

OE Trader said...

Nice! I picked up a few shares this morning but just dumped them. Volume is trickling in but MM's could pin the stock at 45.00 so make sure to lock in some profits.

Darwin said...

OE, just finished final purchase of GG 32.5's & ABX 35's. Loaded up..also, adding to my DAL 7.5 puts. Got out after you did on CALM calls-NICE! thx for the heads up and guidance on that one.

OE Trader said...

Cool. I hope that is a double-bottom for GG. I'm going to wait for a little more confirmation.

Darwin said...

My thoughts exactly on GG....although I jumped on anticipation based on other factors I'm seeing...Ur smarter than me to wait for confirmation.