Tuesday, August 5, 2008

8/5 Position Updates

I closed out these positions this morning ahead of the usual Fed volatility:

BG
Bought @ 95.00, Aug 105 & 90 Puts
Sold @ 90.80
Profit - $4.00 on Aug 105 Puts, $1.00 on Aug 90 Puts


SHLD - I didn't think SHLD could get to my target in 1 day but I'll take it. Look how it tagged the resistance line perfectly. It is currently back down to $89.00. I may re-enter later today as the short interest is still very high (37MM shares as of 7/15).
Bought @ 82.00, Aug 75 & 85 Calls
Sold @ 91.3- Aug 75 Calls, 90.90 - Aug 85 Calls
Profit - $8.00 - Aug 75 Calls, $5.00 - Aug 85 Calls



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you mind writing a post about your trading strategy, i.e. your trade selection process, what triggers your entry, how you set your stop-loss and how you plan on taking profits?

Do you use different setups or only breakouts?

Thanks for the clarification!

J

OE Trader said...

Hi J, I'll try to post something this weekend but I have a few different strategies based on different market conditions. Review the charts I've posted as well as overlaying the Dow chart at the same time for market direction. If you don't have your own strategies yet, doing this will help you determine what stocks, timeframes and entries/exits are the best fit for your trading style.

Anonymous said...

Thanks OE,

well i have some strategies, but it's always good to be on the lookout to improve or find new strategies ;-)

Can't wait for your article this weekend ... looking very forward to reading it.

THX for your answer

J