Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 Day/Swingtrades

What a f'n day to have technical problems. I spent the 1st 2 hours of the day getting OptionsXpress to honor my trades so ended up playing catch up all day. That was a strong rally off the opening lows so maybe we get a near-term relief rally.

BUCY - I took 1/2 off the table @ 47.80 for $2.00 gain on the calls.

LM - I took 1/2 off the table @ 39.80 for $3.00 gain on the calls.

SHLD - I picked up some Sep 100 Calls. This stock has been bucking the trend along with the retailers. It has a high short interest and just broke resistance at 96.00. This has wild swings so I picked up the OTM calls for some cushion.

CF - I picked up some Sep 115 Calls in case the Ags just formed a double-bottom the last few days.

ICE - I picked up some Sep 95 Calls.

3 comments:

Darwin said...

OE, sat on my hands last couple of days...took my lumps on WM & ABK, but holding calls on XTO, XOM, UNG, & puts on XLU & C so coming out ok. Unlike most, I don't believe yesterday 's late rally was PPT...I think we seee a similar move today. Picked up some MER Sep 20's near the lows.

OE Trader said...

Cool. Hope those energy plays work out for you. I picked up some WNR for myself.

OE Trader said...

D, what's up with GG? You're supposed to be my trade alert on precious metals!