Friday, September 5, 2008

9/5 Day/Swingtrades

What a pisser. Some days these short-term timeframes work against you. I should have anticipated the sell-off this morning with looser stops. Instead, I got stopped out of my reversal plays which eventually recovered the rest of the day. It would have been an easier day had I just held these positions...along with ICE from yesterday. Today's action was bullish and if we get some decent news on FNM/FRE over the weekend, the financials may push the market up a bit. That should provide some good low-risk set-ups to initiate short/put positions heading into October earnings.

POT - Stopped out @ 151.00, flat
DO - Stopped out @ 104.00, Profit - $1.00
CLR - Stopped out @ 41.00, Loss - $1.00

On the other hand, I caught a nice move on BIDU and MOS.

MOS - Trader Sloth pointed out the bull flag. I thought POT/CF were stronger but it was easier to manage the risk on MOS. Despite the late day strength, I sold the entire position going into the weekend. Profit - $2.00 on calls.


BIDU - I picked up some BIDU calls as the market strengthened up and it broke 268.00. I sold 1/2 at it tagged the 20-SMA (see 30-min chart) for $6.00 profit on calls.







I'm swinging BIDU, WM, ABK and UNG into next week. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Darwin said...

OE, good thing I got out of my XLF puts...Killinger is out at WM...your WM ops should rock tomorrow with the financials eruption tomorrow. Energy will get a turbo boost as well...exciting week ahead?

OE Trader said...

That was great timing! I saw the news on WM. I hope WM and ABK can catch some momentum this week. Damn, if this was only options expiration week. The risk/reward on at-the-money options would be great.