Monday, September 8, 2008

9/8 Day/Swingtrades

Another wild day and more commission to my broker.

BIDU - I sold the remaining position @ 280.50 when the opening range could not hold.
Bought @ 267.82
Sold 1/2 @ 274.00 & 280.50
Profit - $9.00 average on calls

WM - This dropped all the way down to trigger my stop. I decided late in the day to re-enter based on the rebounding volume but may let it go if the stock doesn't rally tomorrow since it didn't participate in today's strength. There are plenty of stronger financial stocks out there.

ABK - Here's another one that triggered my stop. I want to play the longer term trend on this so I re-entered around 8.40 with about $0.20 slippage on the calls.

AMGN - I picked up some puts as it broke below the $60.00 support level.

STI - I picked up some calls as volume and price rallied into the close.

WB - I picked up a few shares as it bounced off the moving averages on the 15-min chart but my stop was too tight so it was triggered a bit later for $0.20 loss.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nick,

Hang in there! It hurts to have your stops hit. But it hurts much worse when a trader doesn't have stops, or keeps lowering stops to avoid getting hit, and THEN they get hit anyway. Ask me how I know :)

Great blog - keep up the great work!

Best,

HopeToGetRich (HTGR) from Wallstreak.

OE Trader said...

Thanks, HTGR. I'm okay with the losses. It's all part of the "game".