Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9/30 Day/Swingtrades

Down 700+, 400+...what's next?! Expect this to be the norm with the short-selling ban and credit fears still in play.

MS - I picked up $1.50 on MS on a base-and-break daytrade. I took half off after $1.00 and closed the other half after hitting $2.00 profits.


UAUA - I picked up some Oct 7.5 Puts when it broke below $8.00 and sold them when the markets pulled up the airlines along with everything else. $0.15 loss on Puts.

AIG - I picked up some Oct 2.50 Calls as it broke above $3.20



3 comments:

Darwin said...

OE, thx for the input on XLNX. I ghreatly appreciate your work on this site and you arenly one of three I look atupside & Slope other 2).Remember I mentioned about a "game changing" opportunity this week?I am convinced, if the bailout is passed, and it has a few additional bells and whistles,it will benefit (catapult)greatly the shares of FRE & FNM which is why I've loaded on FNM.I plan on picking up a few more (ha ha) tomorrow including FRE. In fact I will probably roll out of everything (XOM,GG,WB etc..) except AMR to press the FNM bet. I know some guys I worked with that have been doing the same...this only means I am not the only fool to be doing stupid things!. Cover my back, I'm going in.

Darwin said...

OE, hey on XLNX, I was actually looking at buying PUTS not calls as it has struggled to get through it's 200, up today on light volume after being down yestreday on very heavy volume. Thx again for your feedback.

OE Trader said...

D, you may be right. Those FNM 2.5's look very juicy. I may pick some up myself. The downside is very limited at this point. Regarding XLNX, if you're thinking puts, I would still wait for consolidation. From a chart perspective, the RSI and MACD are trending up so mixed signals.