Friday, September 12, 2008

9/12 Day/Swingtrades

Man, this thing was big a week ago before hitting Cuba. Hope everyone in the Texes/Louisiana area stayed safe this weekend.





CF - I sold the position when CF retested the intraday high and fell back. Picked up $5.00 on the Sep 115 Calls.


ICE - I dumped these calls as the stock retraced to 90.00. Prior to announcing record volume on its exchange, they presented some slideshow that indicated a dilution to earnings due to the Creditex acquisiont. I'm out for $0.75 loss on Sep 95 Calls.


WNR - Nice call by "The Fly" on http://www.ibankcoin.com/. I picked up some Sep 10 Calls and shares that I sold at the close for $1.00 profit. I then rolled some of the profits into the Sep 12.5's. If there's another sell-off on Monday, I'd rather see the $0.70 for the Sep 12.5's go to zero than the $2.50 for the Sep 10's go to zero. On the other hand, if WNR jumps a few points, I'll only miss out on $0.70 of the move...risk management.


Still holding BUCY Sep 45 Calls, SHLD 100 Calls (I may have caught this at the end of the move so I'll let it go below 99.00 and re-enter later), LM 45 Puts and UNG 35 Calls.


4 comments:

Darwin said...

OE I may have just gotten very LUCKY with my Sep 20 MER calls...BOA to buy MER for about $29 share. I own 200. This would make up for my LEH call wich I didn't stick with long enough. Semi"s are acting strangely well in this environment...I will be looking to pick up some OCT 21 calls on INTC. Hopefully I can get out with profits this week on my XTO & XOM. Still holding Oct C puts and UNG Oct calls. FXI is a loser and XLU will work in time IMO.

OE Trader said...

That's f'n AWESOME!!! 200 Calls?!Schwiiinnnggg!!! You might have enough profits to rescue WM.

Darwin said...

OE, in ordinary times, MER would have opened @ $29 or therabouts. Instead I had to exit @ $3.10, not the high of the day but close enough. I watched the press conference this morning and it looks like this was Fed induced..too much stuttering and scared deer in headlights looks. Oh well, still made a good profit. Who's next....AIG is not out of the woods neither is WM. I did just buy some INTC OCT 20's. Still holding C Oct puts...may hang with these as more blood letting could be infectious. Also bought some XOM Oct 80's as I do believe these stocks are ready to move higher.

OE Trader said...

A profit in this environment is awesome. The markets are holding up very well considering the uncertainty. Not sure which way we go but nice spike in UNG earlier.